Vrikshasana – The Tree Pose
Step 1: Stand with feet 2 inches apart.
Step 2: Focus on a point in front.
Step 3: Exhale, hold and bend the right leg then place the foot on the inner side of the left thigh. The heel should be touching the perineum region.
Step 4: Inhale and extend the arms up and join the palms together for Namaskar Mudra.
Step 5: Stay in the position for 10 to 30 seconds and breathe normally.
Step 6: Exhale bring the arms down. Release the right leg and bring it to initial position.
Repeat this on left side also.
- It strengthens the legs, and opens the hips.
- It improves your neuromascular coordination.
- It helps with balance and endurance.
- It improves alertness and concentration.
- It also helps to improve flat feet problems.
- It may help those who suffer from sciatica (nerve pain in the leg).
- Those who suffer from migraine, high or low blood pressure are not advised practice this asana.
- Also,this asana is not recommended for those suffering from arthritis and vertigo.