6 Best Super Foods And Their Benefits
Foods that provide ultimate benefits for your overall health are known as superfoods. These foods are usually rich in fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other such nutrients that can keep you healthy and fit.
Well, here’s a list of 6 best superfoods and their benefits.
The first thing that strikes your mind would be the famous saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Yes, apple is one of the superfoods that need to be included in your everyday diet or at least in one meal. It contains the powerful flavonoid quercetin, an antioxidant that behaves as a natural antihistamine and obstructs the movement of substances which causes symptoms of allergy.
- Rich in fiber and water that helps in weight loss.
- Lowers the risk of heart-related problems.
- Antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances help improve bone health.
- Lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes.
A superfood that has to be included in your everyday diet and must be there during your morning breakfast. Eggs and their yolks are the perfect sources of protein. Egg yolk is where all the vital elements like minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants are present. It contains more than 90% calcium, iron, zinc, and phosphorus which are very essential to keep your body fit and healthy.
- Increases good cholesterol called HDL and controls your cholesterol levels.
- Lowers the risk of strokes like hemorrhagic.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin prevent you from cataracts and eyesight issues.
- Choline substance present in them helps in sharpening your brain.
A root vegetable that is crunchy, tasty, and filled with nutrition should always be used in your diets. Carrots are rich in fiber, vitamins, potassium, carotene, and antioxidants. This superfood is mainly found in colors like yellow, purple, red, and orange. Carrots are about 10% carbs, consisting of starch, fiber, and straightforward sugars. They are very low in fat and protein.
- Lowers the cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Vitamins present help improve your eye health.
- Silicon content improves even your skin health.
- You can also add this superfood to your weight loss diet.
Nuts are a superfood that comes with great taste and does not impact your health. Packed with magnesium and unsaturated fats, these are the two most important nutrients to keep your heart healthy. This superfood is versatile and can easily be added to any of your dishes.
- Reduces the risk of stroke and heart disease for type-2 and metabolic syndrome patients.
- Your body absorbs fewer calories from nuts helps in weight loss.
- Antioxidants found in Nuts lowers inflammation and reduces the risk of cancers.
- Lowers bad LDL cholesterol levels and boosts good HDL cholesterol levels.
Spinach is known as a superfood because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that protect you from a variety of diseases. The amount of antioxidants produced by this superfood is more compared to when it is cooked. The best way to consume it is by blending it into a smoothie which helps you to intake more lutein.
- Keeps your mind calm and helps you maintain a stress-free lifestyle.
- Vitamin A present in this superfood will boost your immune system.
- By destroying free radicals it helps you from premature aging.
- The blood sugar level is reduced due to its high potassium content.
Berries such as raspberry, blueberry, and strawberries are considered superfoods because of their rich source of fiber, vitamin C, and manganese. It is one of the main ingredients for desserts and jams. You will find a variety of berries be it in shape or color. Berries mainly come in red, blue, and purple. It is advisable to mix up all the berries and include them in your everyday diet. The fiber content present in it will improve your digestive system health and also takes care of your heart.
- Ellagic acid present in berries will decrease skin related problems.
- Polyphenolics chemical compounds prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
- Fiber and liquid content of berries make you feel full and help in weight loss.
- The presence of important antioxidants helps improve your eye health.
• • •
The inclusion of the above mentioned superfoods in your diet provides you with the right balance in your diet and keeps you healthy and fit.