7 Best Acupressure Points for Weight Loss
Acupressure is an ancient chinese healing method which focuses on putting pressure with fingers on particular pressure points all over the body.
From tension headaches, nausea, backache to sleep problems, this traditional chinese therapy is known to heal a variety of physical and mental ailments.
It can also help with weight loss by controlling appetite, improving digestion and boosting metabolism. You can press acupressure points on your own and speed up your weight loss process without any known side-effects.
Here are 7 acupressure points for weight loss.
1. Upper Lip PointApply gentle pressure on the space between your upper lip and nose (philtrum). Make sure to apply moderate pressure right in the centre of the philtrum. This pressure point is known as the shuigou spot.
You can also massage this spot in a circular motion for 2-3 minutes every day to stimulate metabolism.
2. Inner Elbow Point
Bend your arm slightly to locate this point on the inner elbow. This pressure point is located an inch below from the crease of your elbow joint, towards your inner elbow.
Press this point daily for 2-3 minutes with your thumb. It helps in stimulating the intestinal function.
3. Thumb PointThis pressure point is located on the bottom of your thumb. Pressing the point daily will stimulate the thyroid gland to increase metabolism.
Apply pressure on this point for around 2 minutes daily.
4. Ear Point
To locate this point, simply place your finger where your jaw starts from. Move your jaw up and down and put your finger on the pressure point with the most movement. Press this point with your forefinger for 1-2 minutes daily.
Pressing this point which is located just beneath your earlobe helps in controlling appetite.
5. Abdomen PointThis pressure point is situated three cms below the belly button. Place two fingers on this point and massage up and down for at least 2 minutes twice a day. It helps in proper digestion.
6. Abdominal Sorrow PointThis pressure point is situated in line with the ear lobe under the last rib of the ribcage in front of your body.
Massage gently and apply pressure on this point for 5 minutes every day.
7. Knee PointIt’s situated near the knee cap, slightly closer to the outside of your leg. Start applying pressure using your fingers and try stretching your muscle to find the accurate spot.
Press this point every day for 2 minutes. It regulates blood circulation to aid digestion.
Note: Acupressure is a complementary therapy for weight loss and you cannot use it as a substitute for exercising and healthy eating.