12 Health Benefits of Surya Namaskar
Surya Namaskar is also known as ‘Sun Salutation’, a technique which is used to pay respect or to express gratitude towards the Sun.
Surya Namaskar is also known as ‘Sun Salutation’, a technique which is being used since ancient times to pay respect or to express gratitude towards the sun.
It involves a sequential practice of 12 different interlinked asanas which have loads of health benefits.
Recommended : The 12 Steps of Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
Regular practice of Sun Salutation improves the functions of the heart, liver, intestine, stomach, chest, throat, and legs - basically, the whole body.
For healthier, efficiencies & long life Surya Namskar is one of the best exercise to perform.
Here are 12 health benefits of Surya Namaskar.
1. Helps in Weight LossThe regular practice of this yoga technique boosts your metabolism, which helps to reduce weight in the belly area.
Along with that, it also stretches your abdominal muscles, strengthens your skeletal muscles, and prevents unwanted fat deposition in these regions.
2. Improves PostureSurya Namaskar's various poses engage different parts of your body. As a result, your whole body ends up getting toned. It also makes your body more flexible. This results in improving your overall posture and makes it easier to balance your body.
3. Healthy Hair and SkinSurya Namaskar enhances your blood circulation. As a result, the natural glow of your skin returns. Along with that, it also prevents the occurrence of wrinkles, hair loss, and greying of hair. This gives you a youthful and radiant look.
4. Detoxifies Your BodyThe constant, prolonged inhalation and exhalation performed during the Sun Salutation helps in keeping the blood oxygenated and detoxifies the respiratory system by removing toxins and excess carbon dioxide.
It keeps the lungs ventilated and manages a constant fresh flow of air into the body.
5. Improves DigestionThe gastrointestinal tract of the stomach gets activated by the stretching and compression of the abdominal muscles. It assists you in actively digesting the food.
Due to the effective functioning of digestive fire, disorders like indigestion and constipation are very well treated.
6. Helps Regulate The Menstrual CycleA regular practice of Surya Namaskar will help in suppressing the irregularities in your menstrual cycle and will ensure a proper cycle by keeping a check on the hormonal balance. It will also ease during childbirth.
7. Healthy HeartSun Salutation reduces the blood sugar level and keeps them in an optimum range, which in turn prevents heart damage and disorders like heart attack heart failure and other cardiac problems.
8. Tones Nerves and Nervous SystemIt gently stretches, massages and stimulates the nerves of entire body. The better health of the nerves determines the efficient working of organs and muscles of the body system.
9. Corrects Hormonal ImbalanceSurya Namaskar harmonizes the different endocrine glands thus helping to remove any irregularities of such glands, which further improve their blood flow.
10. Reduces Stress and AnxietySince the Surya Namaskar requires concentration, and that helps a person be calmer and improves memory.
The concentration on the movements and breath will enhance the function of the nervous system, thereby reducing stress and anxiety.